NC Preaching Festival
"A New Generation of Preaching Excellence"
The Preaching Fesitval will engage clergy in the excellence of preaching and nurturing excitement for the work of proclaiming the Word. This three-day festival will draw in pastors planted in local congregations, who understand the weekly challenges and blessing of nuturing "the preaching life" and speaking a particular people.
The three-day festival of preaching, April 20-22, 2015 (St. Mark's UMC, Raleigh NC) will celebrate the vocation and practice of excellence in preaching among new generation of preachers. Important to the event will be the excellence of the guest preachers (younger and all outside the NCC and already recognized for thier preaching gifts); diversity of presenters and preaching styles; authentic and contectual witness (preaching weekly); and a safe and open space for particpants to encounter and explore.
The event will include worship with many preaching opportunites for guest preachers/presenters. It will begin on Monday at 1pm and conclude on Wednesday at 1pm. In addition, there will be workshops (breakouts) on various topics.
- Lillian Daniel (Headliner) The First
Congregational Church, UCC, Glen Ellyn, IL
- Olu Brown, Impact Church, Atlanta, GA
- Jason Byassee, Boone UMC, Boone, NC
- Jeremy Troxler, Spruce Pine UMC, Spruce Pine, NC
- Hannah Bonner, St. John's UMC, Houston, TX
- Matt Miofsky, The Gathering UMC, St. Louis, MO
- Bishop Hope Morgan Ward
- Spiritual Practices for the Preaching Life
- Exegeting the Culture/World
- Extending the Sermon into the Week
- Planning and Preparing Sermon Series
- Conversational Style Preaching
- Preaching on Difficult Topic
- Preaching in the Rural Church
- Performance of Preaching
Lecture: The Language of Preaching: Both Beautiful and Simple
Panel: The Future of Preaching